Wednesday 9 February 2011

texturing the elf

I started texturing the elf character. Initially, I wanted to paint the textures by hand. However, I soon found out that my painting skills weren't really that great, so I decided upon using Image textures.


Usually in the pre zbrush era you would have to unwrap your models and paint your image textures in a 2D Paint Application such as photoshop or Painter. However, with zbrush all that has become unnecessary as you can project your textures directly on to the 3d model, now if that wasn't enough the new zbrush4 offers even more intuitive tools to make the texturing process even faster and fun.

For this project, I will be using zbrush 4, or to be specific the ''zbrush light box'' feature which allows the user to load multiple textures and paint them on to the model.


click the image for larger version 




the darker part on the nose is the result of two edges overlapping each other. this will be fixed as i progress 

No comments:

Post a Comment